Dog Of The Day #1

06.55 Emma & Matilde in Skiathos 0 Comments

Dog Of The Day #1

My name is Havana and I have now been at the Shelter for about 6 years, which makes me the longest running resident. Therefore I think that it must be my turn to find my very own forever home! So allow me to introduce myself:
When I first arrived at the shelter with 11 of my friends we were all very frightened, but after a while we became more secure as we found out the people around us were not trying to hurt us. Time passed and I watched happily as all my friends took off towards their new lives one by one but soon came to realize that this made me the last one standing. I think the reason might be that I am not very good at giving out first impressions, as I am a bit timid and probably will not greet you within seconds like most other dogs I know. The thing is though, that when I get to know you and you me, I am a very trusting, gentle and loyal companion, who loves cuddles and attention as much as the next dog - you just have to give me the chance to prove it to you!
I like my walks, though not when I am disturbed by other dogs trying to approach me and interrupt. As I mentioned before I have seen many of my friends come and go; recently my good friend and roommate, Mr.Beckham left for Denmark. This turned out to be a silver lining as I now got to spend time with my new good friend the golden lab Larry, who is my total opposite, but for some reason I get along greatly with, though I already have to deal with yet another goodbye, when he too will leave for Denmark soon.
At this point it is starting to feel unfair to me (don't get me wrong,  I am happy for my friends!) but the fact that they all leave and I am still here is making me sad -yet hopeful that someday it will be my turn to meet my owner to whom I would be very loyal. So I really hope that someone out there will give me a chance and be patient with me, so I in return can show them nothing but affection and love and be the best companion I can be!














0 kommentarer: